Baker, a corporate brand and communications design firm based in Santa Monica, CA, has an immediate opening for an Account Director with Digital/Web experience. Why Baker? Our people and work culture are second to none. We have a passion for creative excellence, strategic problem solving, and fun—and we do it all in a casual work environment by the beach!
You have a consulting mentality, wanting to help elevate the role that design and brand play in effective communications. You can demonstrate the ability to define client needs and translate those needs into a compelling scope of work. You know how to run projects: writing proposals and business documents; owning client relationships; running joint meetings; managing schedules, budgets and scope. You want to be in the middle of it all, working hand-in-hand with our designers, strategists, writers, production artists, studio leadership, clients and outside vendors to achieve results. Account management at Baker demands exceptional synthesis and analytical skills. Also essential are flawless communication skills (verbal/ presentation and written), sound judgment, organization, diplomacy, thoroughness, professionalism, and a healthy sense of humor.
About the Position
Account Directors hold overall responsibility for account and client management. They lead relationships with clients, vendors and team members, actively participating in the strategic direction of programs while also owning the day-to-day project details of task, budget, scope and schedule management; project quality; account billings; and reporting and documentation. Account Directors typically work on multiple accounts with overlapping deadlines.
Project and Client Management:
• Assess the client’s business needs and successfully structure and execute large projects to
meet these needs.
• Effectively utilize resources, budget and schedule to produce quality results.
• Work with clients to manage expectations proactively, provide advice and guidance, and build
• Help clients understand project scope and investment to execute on digital design strategy.
• Can successfully conduct project and client meetings and presentations independently.
• Work with Baker sales team to outline, define and present proposals that meet client and
• Develop user experience strategies and non-graphical interface design documentation,
including: user profiles, use cases, site maps, page-level specifications, and test plans.
• Collaborate with experts in different domains such as strategists, research specialists,
programmers, video artists, etc.
• Evaluation and selection of tools and teams for developing websites and web-apps.
Experience with brand development, print communications or other large-scale client
• System thinking in relation to holistic digital environments, considering relationships
from handheld device to kiosk to web and beyond.
• Expert ability to understand and create flow-charts, systems diagrams, wireframes and
• Sophisticated graphic, typography, and visual concept demonstration skills preferred.
• Knowledge of emerging technologies and software engineering/programming development
• Program-level account management and execution (brands, systems, campaigns, digital
projects, large-scale initiatives, multidisciplinary teams)
• Intimate familiarity and experience with entire web project life-cycle (account initiation;
strategy; design and specification; development; deployment; job archiving; post-mortems)
• Business documentation—work agreements, project plans, schedules, status updates, strategy
deliverables, proposals, etc.
• Excellent written, presentation and client management skills.
• Comfort and rapport with clients, particularly senior management
• Extreme attention to detail and commitment to quality
• 5+ years experience
Please send your resume and cover letter, including salary requirement, with the position title and your name in the subject field to email@example.com (example: Account Director – Jane Doe). No phone calls please. No recruiters.